Wednesday, August 17, 2005


I like Rats. Once I saved one. This is a poem my friend Emily wrote about it. The rats name was Oedipus. My jerky high school teacher killed him. RIP dear Rat.

"Heidi Saved a Rat Today" by Emily 5/2000

Heidi saved a rat today!
It was a noble plan.
As I threw my lunch away
a squeak came from the can.

Heidi saved a rat today!
It'd jumped in like a fool.
It wanted to obtain some food,
buffet at East High School.

Heidi saved a rat today!
I'd finished my Nestle Crunch.
Without knowing a life was trapped inside
I hit it with my lunch.

Heidi saved a rat today
before the rat could drown.
She meant for it to procreate,
invade our dirty town.

Heidi saved a rat today!
She was proud that it was freed.
Imagine the rise in rabies shots
if we followed her noble deed.

No comments: