This Saturday night Jayleane and I rescued two dogs. TWO. First we were by Village Inn when we noticed a very scared, limping, howling, yellow lab with a collar and tags. It was running all over the road as Jay, a super hot guy with two broken arms and some bacon, and I tried for an hour and a half to keep it from getting hit. We honked horns yelled at cars waved our arms, everything we could to keep puppy from being hit. But puppy would not come to us he instead ran in front of every car possible. It was so freaked out! Animal Control was useless, the police too. Finally at last its owners showed up with very little concern. Oye Vie people! Take care of your animals!
Then right after I dropped Jay off another dog threw himself in front of my car. This dog was super friendly and when I called him over to my car he rewarded me for slamming on my breaks by licking me all over, resting his head in my lap and doing tricks. This adorable pooch of course sported a collar but no tags. Ugh. Well Jay came back out of her house and found me complete in her PJs and slippers where we then decided what to do next. My first though was to put it in someone yard and deal with it in the morning. So I called my Vegan/animal rescue friend who name will go unmentioned(coughJennycough) thinking I could keep it in her yard over night. Well, she was far to busy sleeping to help and said I should "Just leave it in my car for the night" Yeah. That seems super fair to the dog or my car. So then I had a moment of inspiration. I took my book bag strap and hooked it to fluffy dogs collar and said "OK lets go home! HOME!" and he then took me and Jay on a near six block jog back to his home where his grateful owners were sitting on the porch. They said he had escaped and they had been looking for him all night. They rewarded me with hugs, but they did not do tricks.
Please note it was freezing and I was wearing wedges and a fake leather jacket. I was frozen and my feet dead by the end of this adventure.
PS How big did I fail by not somehow getting cute broken arms guys number? A hot boy trying to save a dog at 2 in the morning, telling me he can't leave till he knows its safe because he won't sleep all night. And I let him slip away. Possible soul mate fail.
2 comments:
He WAS your soul mate! Maybe you'll see him again. Next time get his number.
I love this story! I think you are amazing! I am pretty sure you will run in to cute boy again because who else besides you stops in the middle of the night to help a poor little dog... twice? I wish you could get paid to do this-you are AMAZING! :)
Post a Comment