
So today I learned some animal facts, here they are:
-The most dangerous animal in the world is the Sea Wasp. A type of Jellyfish. After being stung, a human can die in as little as 3 min!
-The most dangerous land animal is humans, followed by Hippos.
-The most dangerous animal in Canada is Moose.
-The animal that kills the most people is a bit of a toss up. Worldwide studies say it is mosquitoes due to the fact they can give you all sorts of diseases.( killing 2 million worldwide). Deer were at the top of the US list due to Deer vehicle collisions. (83 people in 2000) followed by people dying from Domestic Dog Bites. Although, some studies say Dogs kill more due to Rabies, so I don't know.
-The fastest flying insect is the Dragonfly reaching up to 36mph.
-The largest dog is the Irish Wolfhound that reaches 7ft when standing.
-Sharks don't kill that many people. 5 was the total number of shark deaths in 2001
-Alligators and crocodiles have killed on average 1 person a year in the past 33 years.
2 comments:
Interesting facts! I love Killer Hippos!
I knew I was afraid of Moose for a reason...
Post a Comment