Tuesday, January 03, 2012

No Cell Service

Guess what? Someone else took NYE pics! Yay! I am pleased because I forgot to post about one of my favorite things about this NYE and now I have pics to go with the post.


My favorite thing at this NYE had to be this: No. Cell. Reception. I've never been a huge fan of hanging out with your friends and then looking around the room and everyone is either face-booking, twittering, or texting. I am a firm believer that you should spend time with the people who are actually in the room with you, but the majority of the people I know do not feel the same way.

But guess what happens when you cell phone reception disappears? Wait for it.... You talk to people actually in the room with you! Bold, I know. It was so enjoyable to be at a party and have everyone focused on the the people in the room with them. At a normal party if you didn't know everyone there the chances of meeting new people and actually talking to them would be slim.

Think about when you go out and a friend goes to the bathroom, or is talking to someone and you are left solo. Whats the first thing you do? Play on your phone to look busy. (I'm as guilty as anyone) But when the cell phone/security blanket is gone and you are (gasp) forced to talk to people in person magical things happen.

TRUST ME. Try it. You will be wonderfully surprised.

Anyway, here are a few more photos. Hooray!

We are totes cuddly AND adorable.


How beautiful is this cabin?!?! I mean come on...

No comments: