Friday, March 02, 2012

Five Friday Faves-Dr Seuss

Today is Dr. Suess's birthday! So I shall dedicate my Five Friday Faves post to him.
Now, I present to you my five of my favorite Dr Suess quotes:

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
-Happy Birthday To You!

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
-The Lorax

So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed)
-Oh, The Places You'll Go!

When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!

― Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!
― Horton Hears a Who!

Bonus Quote:
And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.
―Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories


Happy Birhday Dr Seuss!!

No comments: