This is my favorite quote:
Hands down. I love it. I have it on my wall. I want to get it tattooed on my shoulder.
Its my favorite saying and all too often I forget to actually do it. See,
I'm really good at getting advice and listening to my friends. But I'm beginning to think if something could make me happy, and its not truly harmful to anyone shouldn't I maybe just give it a try? Even if some of my friends think its a bad idea?
I love my friends, they are amazing, they're intentions are all good, but sometimes I think I listen to much to what they say, and not always do what I want. I'm almost 30 for hells sake. You think I should be able to make more decisions on my own, based solely on if I think they desired income might make me happy.
I watch my friends ignore my opinion all the time. On everything from what pants to buy, what boys to date, what bar to go to, what trip to take, or whatever. I honestly don't get offended if they don't take my suggestion. They do what they think will make them happy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Oh well. That's life. You live and you learn.
I am blessed. I have a roof over my head, a job, food, I know some wonderful people. I'm pretty set I think. I am lucky. I really like 2012. But as I approach 30 I think its time for me to rally. Stand on my own to feet. Take a few more risks. Ask myself: "Will this make me happy?" I should worry less about my friends opinions. If I truly want to "Follow my bliss" I should. Even if it means some people don't agree with my choices along the way.


No comments:
Post a Comment