Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't be blue. Wear Blue. Its a lucky color.

So many people are blue these days, I made a list so they can see how lucky they are. :) Here is my list:

20 Reasons to not hate your life:

1- You have food. It may just be Top Raman some days, but you have it.

2-You don't have Cancer, AIDS, Malaria, etc.

3-You do not live in a country where war is destroying your home. Think of Georgia, or Darfur, or The Ivory Coast or....the list goes on and on...

4-You can leave your house in a tank top and shorts not get stoned. (Even though it may be tacky...)

5-You have clean water to drink, and it comes directly into your home too.

6-You have a warm place to sleep at night... and its in a bed!

7-You have a family/friends who love you even if they are a pain in the
ass sometimes.

8-You got to go to school even though you are a girl. And you can keep going if you want!

9-You can stand on the corner and shout "I hate Bush" all day long, and no one will shoot you. They might flip you off, but you probably won't get shot. You are even allowed to vote for the next person in charge of your country!

10-You were not torn from your home at 2 years old just so in 10 years your country could up its medal count in the Olympics.

11-You will not have to bury your spouse of 8 years because he/she just died of a painful illness. (This just happened to someone I know. Be thankful for your health and the health of those you love!)

12 You are not trapped in your house at the end of summer because you fell off a rope swing and mangled your foot so you can't walk. (my mom is going on 3 weeks now...)

13-You are not spending your days at Primary Children's Hospital waiting for your child to die because they were in an accident.

14-Your husband doesn't smack you around. And if he does, there are places you can go to get help. Unlike in some countries where this is allowed and accepted.

15- You haven't lost any arms/legs in a war. And you can walk/talk.(Talk to Derek about this he works at the VA hospital.)

16 You can see, hear, touch, taste, and smell.

17- You are not plagued by demons in your house or mental illness.

18-You are not incapable of love because you were born an orphan in Russia that no one touched for the first 5 years of your life.

19-You are not forced to be a slave. Your job may suck, but you still chose to work there, and you get paid to do it!

20-You have shoes. Good shoes. Probably more then one pair. Probably a really uncomfy completely impractical pair. A lot of people don't have shoes at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your list is fabulous. And so are you. I'm feeling a little better. Next time I tell you I'm blue asked me what I've eaten...cause I've eaten nothing and that could be why I'm crazy.

Ramsey said...

And if you do #9 often enough you might make new friends and get people to buy you drinks because I'm sure you have plenty of people who will agree with you. :)

Good List Heidikins.