Sunday, March 20, 2011

Till The End

As some of you know my baby kitty of nearly 15 years is very, very sick, and the vet has said there is nothing else we can do. This has been incredibly hard on me. I am trying to do my best to just get through day by day. I mostly just stay home and watch movies with my little kitty.
Last Monday before we knew how bad things were with my Phebee cat I had the opportunity to go see Aron Ralston speak at the U of U. If you don't know who he is he, the movie 127 Hours is his story. He also wrote the book Between A Rock And A Hard Place about his time when he was stuck in Blue John Canyon for 6 days and eventually had to amputate his own arm. He was a phenomenal speaker. One part of his lecture that really stuck with me is how he stressed the importance of seeing things through till the end and not giving up. Over the past week I have referred back to his speech many times. I am trying my best to not give up and see things through till the end, but right now I am so sad about my little kitty, that it is very hard. I honestly don't know how I will get along without her.

Aron and Me after his lecture and book signing.

1 comment:

Ramsey said...

I'm so sorry about Phebee :(