Monday, March 07, 2011

A Love Letter

“People cut themselves off from their ties of the old life when they come to Los Angeles. They are looking for a place where they can be free, where they can do things they couldn't do anywhere else.” -T. Bradley


My love affair has be renewed... with Los Angeles. I honestly think I forgot how much I love that place. People often scoff when I speak my love for LA, but I don't care. Someday LA and I will be together again and we will live happily ever after. So don't you try and stop us!
Now, my extended love letter to Los Angeles:

Hi LA,
I miss you already.
I miss your beaches. I miss the ocean.

I miss your amazing shopping. I miss your diversity.
I love you palm trees so tall and lovely. We have pine trees in Utah. I hate pine trees. They make me sneeze and get a headache and a rash.

I love you Hollywood. I love you random shops. I love the chance to put my hands where great actors of the past once did.

I warms my heart that you LA get to host the Oscars every year! Nobody deserves it more.
Disneyland I could give or take LA, but I do like posing for pics with people in giant furry costumes and you did give me that so, thanks.

Windy cold, slightly miserable Santa Monica beach. You absolutely hold a special place in my heart now, for more then one reason. A few of the reasons are:

Indie Spirit Awards with my amazing Pinky friend. (MISS YOU!!!)


Parking Lot twitter talks with my E! news Sundance boyfriend the perfectly lovely Ben Lyons. (yes I'm putting two pics of him one post after another, he deserves it he is just that cute. )
Seeing this guy. (PS I win at life. WIN)

Pedicures at the weirdest Asian nail salon ever with these two fabulous people.

I miss the Pinkberry. You are everywhere in Los Angeles and are my absolutely now favorite fro yo joint. Sorry Red Mango. Pink Berry kicks your ass. I miss Urth cafe too.

I love your Electric Vehicle Charging stations at the malls. I love you blue skies! I love that when I eat at the PF Changs in Newport, I can see the ocean while I eat.

Newport, you are a dirty beach, but I heart ya kid. I miss you sea birds.

I'm even growing accustomed to your ghetto trailer park Long Beach airport.
I miss you Los Angeles.

I'll be back soon!

XOXO

Forever Yours,

Heidi

No comments: