10- All we are is dust in the wind.
This may sound weird but this year was so windy! This pic is from a big wind storm we had early this summer. We were at Red Butte and it hit out of no where. Jess, Hiba and I had to run for cover! Everything was flying around. Flowers, dirt, tables, chairs, food, umbrellas, it was crazy! We have lost our door mat and flower pots many, many times this year. But thankfully the plaster cat, plaster gnome, and cement turtle have all held there ground.

9-You're Fired...twice
Yep in 2009 I got fired. Twice! And thank God, because both jobs I worked at were virtual living hells. At one job one boss asked me to clean the dust off the back of his chair. WTF. Who does that. Sure they had there plus sides, like hanging with Dunny and free clothes but I'm not at all sad to be gone. Before this year I had not been fired in 6 years!

8-Concerts!
This year was such a good year for concerts. I don't think I've ever been to so many in one year. In order:(I think) Ingrid Michaelson(Twice in 2 days) at Sundance, Matchbox Twenty & Alanis, Ingrid, Meiko, Dan Wilson and Crew at the Hotel Cafe Tour, Kayne West & Rihanna , Jack Johnson, Gavin Degraw & Charlotte Sometimes, Jason Mraz plus hang out session, Lenka, Meiko, Rachael Yamagata at The Hotel Cafe Tour, lastly Matt Nathanson at Keys on Main. The best had to be Jason. He put on an awesome show, and turned out to be the nicest guy ever. Thanks again Matt!

7-My gay husband comes to town.
Since Brian included his visit in his list, but did not include a pic of me, I shall do the same. It was so great to see him! Its been over a year. We laughed so hard. Em found a rabbit. We watched old videos. We had game nights & karaoke nights just like old times. There was only a bit of drama. I had such a splendid time. Even if Brian snores.

6-Diego Luna
Mr. Luna is a cat Hibs & I found hanging around our office building. He ended up moving in with us, and he has been such a joy! He is so funny. He loves laying on the heater, playing in his cat tent and eating. I heart his furry little face. Oh and believe it, when I see the original Diego Luna at Sundance this year I fully plan on telling him I named my cat after him.

5-You gotta know when to hold 'em
Casino Night was a charity event I went to this year that I honestly thought was going to be very lame. But it turned out to be such a blast! I never knew you could have so much fun fake gambling. Even though we didn't win our girls night, (sorry Dusty..) It was fun to get dressed up for something fancy. I even wore my Betsy Johnson shoes. The after party at the hotel was great too. The only downside was having to walk barefoot across the street to the hotel because it was snowy and I didn't want to ruin my shoes.

4-Its not me, its you.
This is the year that several people I once considered very close friends decided to peace out of my life as it were. I lost one in Feb, one in July, one in Sep, and one in Dec. That's four in one year! But if anything this was a huge blessing in disguise. I've learned as you get older, you really do discover who your real friends are. And by losing those I thought I could trust, I've become closer to some people and reevaluated my entire trust system. I've revived old friendships and realized the power of forgiving. I've realized how thankful I am for the few great and wonderful people i have in my life.

3-Rocky Mountain Cup/Denver
This trip was very quick but fun in a lot of ways. I always love a weekend with my best girls! We ate, shop, partied,(probably a little to much...) and had an awesome time! I will never forget the memory of driving on a Denver freeway, completely lost, not being able to go above 50MPH because 8 people were in the car. Meanwhile I got people pulling on my hair playing with the radio, and feet out the window. Wow. Thank goodness someone had an Iphone for directions,My team won the Rocky Mountain Cup AND a playoff spot. We even got onto the field for the last couple minutes of the game. It was a blast.

2-Call me when you're sober.
This year was the first year in my 26 years on this planet, that I have known my father sober. It has been such a good year with him! We've had splendid dinners and lunches, he has attended soccer games and we've even hosted some watch parties at his house. I feel like I've met a whole different person. And while I don't like/approve of all his friends, I've met a few I can handle. This is honestly the only pic I could find of him. And no, that's not his girlfriend.

1-Barack the vote.
It was easy to pick my number one moment this year. The election of our new president! I am so excited for him to be sworn in I can hardly stand it. Standing in the Raddison watching his acceptance speech was one of the greatest moment of my life. I knew it my heart it was history in the making. For the first time I ever I felt proud to be an American. Excited to see what was to come. Change is in the air people!
No comments:
Post a Comment