Just look how cute young Ben was!

Then came Good Will Hunting, where I absolutely picked Ben's dark hair and eyes over that pretty boy Damon.

My love for Ben was confirmed in High School when Ben stared in Armageddon, and my friend Zac gave me a giant Ben Affleck poster for my wall.

Lets also not forget Forces of Nature, that came out my Jr year of High school and I probably watched ummmm 150 times. There was a brief period around 2003 when my love for him wanned due to him dating J-Lo and starring in Gigli, and Jersery Girl, but all was forgiven by 2007 when he directed Gone Baby Gone. Really, all he had to do was look at my with those Beautiful Brown eyes and all would be forgiven.

So to sum it up, I have wanted to meet Ben for about 20 years. Damn it To Hell, that makes me feel old. Historically Ben has been at Sundance at least 5 times when I've been there. And I Can NEVER Find Him. I got a glimpse of him once about 7 years ago when he was here for Project Greenlight. I stood in the cold with no gloves for 4 hours to not get anywhere close to him. To put it mildly, it was a total cluster fuck. I blame J-Lo.
Well fast forward to Saturday while walking down Main St I notice some excitement. I quickly dash over and what should appear before me? Ben mother effing Affleck. "Its Ben!!" I shrieked. I then planted myself directly outside the door he went in knowing he would have to eventually emerge. Well we waited... and waited... and as we waited the mob grew. Then up wanders Ron Livingston so I briefly stepped away from my post by the door to ask for a pic. While speaking with Ron, who should open the door? BEN! So I quickly make a mad dash and tossed none other then Ron's wife Rosemarie DeWitt (of TVs Mad Man) aside. Yes, I apologized to her later.
Any way, I quickly rushed to my loves side and said "Ben can I please take a pic with you if I walk with you?"
He said yes so we proceeded to walk up the street arms around each other for 30 steps. (Yes, I went back and counted.) and this is how it turned out:
Wait for it....

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

and...FAIL
But Hey, 4 crappy pics with Ben Affleck are better then none! Plus he was very sweet talked to me as we walked and kept his arm around me. And, lets face it, this makes a great story. SWOON.
2 comments:
LOL!!! Oh Heidi, your Sundance stories never cease to entertain me. I LOVE that you were able to meet him!! I'm sorry I've missed your calls. I will call you soon, I promise!
Awesome!!
Post a Comment