Friday, December 04, 2009

Nothing's gonna change my world

Today I woke up mad as hell and I wasn't going to take it anymore. I was beyond mad. I wanted to punch the wall, break things, all in all I wanted to choke a bitch. I felt completely distraught over the fact that someone else's stupid choices were going to upset so many aspects of my life. Why should I have to lose my apartment? Why should I have to move? Why me. WHY ME?!?! Its not fair. I cried in the shower. I listened to loud angry music while driving to work. I wanted to tear my hair out. Then all of the sudden I saw it. Out of nowhere. Crossing the street with a dude on a skateboard. A dog wearing a red coat. And that's when it hit me. No matter what people do to hurt me, no matter how heart-broken I feel, no matter how much people betray me, somewhere, someone, will be putting clothes on their pet.
This made me think. If I move out of my apartment, I will lose a lot. Many things will change. I love my area. Its perfect. Close to everything. I don't want to leave but no matter where I live something will stay the same.

*I will still have the two best cats ever
*The boy I am crushing on will still have completely perfect teeth
*I will still walk outside and see beautiful mountains
*I will still be an aunt come February
*Starbucks will still make Chai
*I can still take yoga
*Gerber daises will still exist
*RENT will still be the best musical ever.
*I will still have amazingly great friends who even though I don't see them everyday, will sit on the phone with me for hours on the days I need to cry.
*Across the Universe will still be one of the best songs ever written.
*Brody Jenner will still be hot
*RSL will still be the 2009 MLS Cup Champions
*Coconut anything will still be the best.
*And there will still be dogs in red coats And if I'm really lucky maybe I will get to see them.

Are these things stupid? Yes. Probably. Absolutely.
I'm gasping for air trying to not lose my mind over this whole thing. Trying not to have a complete breakdown. I feel completely overwhelmed. Do I realize it could be worse? Absolutely. But it still sucks like hell so I'm trying everything to figure out how to make it.

Words are flying out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva

4 comments:

Brian said...

LOL. Love the post. Animals wearing clothes. Hilar.

Breathe and reboot babe. You know it's for the best. Just breathe...and reboot.

Q said...

and as long as that bitch JL Singler stays out of your way, nothing will stop you!

lavitadajessica said...

I love this post. I love my dog in red coats. I love you. Maybe the three of us should meet up in red coats.

Ramsey said...

I love you.